The Oxford History of the American West
When we think of the American West, we tend to conjure up images that are known the world over: bearded forty-niners leading pack mules up a mountain trail, the Oklahoma land stampede, Custer's Last Stand, and especially the range-riding, quick-shooting cowboy. But these familiar images are only a small part of western history. From the arrival of the Navajos in the Southwest more than seven hundred years ago, to the first Spanish settlements in New Mexico in the late sixteenth century, to the large Mormon migration to the Great Salt Lake, to the tourists flocking to the neon landscape of modern Las Vegas, the complex story of the West stretches across centuries, embracing many voices and contrasting cultures. The West is in fact as varied as America itself. Indeed, to enlarge on Wallace Stegner's singular phrase, the West is America, only more so.
Lavishly illustrated and based on the finest scholarship, The Oxford History of the American West is the first comprehensive study to do full justice to the rich complexity of this region. It brings together the work of twenty-eight leading western historians who explore this area from a dazzling number of perspectives. They provide insightful portraits of the West as a distinctive place of varied peoples--native and non-native, European and Asian, African and Latino--and of varied terrain--from the timbered Pacific Northwest to the Dakota Badlands, and from the fires of Kilauea to the ice cliffs of Glacier Bay, Alaska. They describe the great wealth generated by a series of spectacular bonanzas, such as gold at Sutter's Mill, copper in Butte, Montana, and oil on Alaska's north shore; illuminate the role of the West in the national and global economy; and consider the environmental challenges created by replacing buffalo with cattle or by designating national parks and military test sites. The book also examines the social forces behind the violence of the West, the great political movements that affected the region (most notably, the Populist Party), and the importance of families in settling the West (for instance, tracing one family's westward migration over 150 years). The authors provide important insights about many longstanding controversies, and they offer not only the fruits of the latest thinking about the West, but also a vivid sense of how people actually lived. For instance, we read of pioneers who grated green corn to make pudding they flavored with berries and grasshoppers, and who ate the culms (the soft inner linings of the stalks) like asparagus. Finally, each chapter concludes with an extensive annotated bibliography, offering a full review of related material, and there is a comprehensive index to guide readers to topcis of special interest.
Ranging from a thoughtful analysis of John Ford's classic My Darling Clementine, and a survey of Western art and literature (including figures as diverse as Francis Parkman, Frederic Remington, Willa Cather, Georgia O'Keeffe, and N. Scott Momaday) to a careful consideration of recent events, such as the Los Angeles riots of 1992 and a revisionist look at cattle grandee Granville Stuart (once Montana's most revered pioneer), this lively, authoritative volume continually challenges the familiar as it broadens the reader's understanding of a vast and varied region.
- The West is in fact as varied as America itself
925 Silver 19" 2" Extender Beaded Station Necklace with Blue Sodalite, Rainbow Obsidian & Kyanite Gemstones -
Warranty- Relios jewelry designs are guaranteed for one year under normal consumer use. Original proof of purchase is required. Alterations by a third party will void warranty. The warranty does not apply to damage caused by accident, abuse, or misuse. Immersing your jewelry in chlorine (swimming), silver dips, chemical solutions, or ultrasonic cleaners will void warranty as it will alter the finish & cause damage to the gemstones.
Care Guide-Our jewelry is made with the finest quality materials and craftsmanship so that you can wear them with pride for years to come, and pass them down for generations. We recommend you wipe with polishing cloth and store jewelry in a plastic bag. Store multiple pieces separately to prevent scratching. Clean your jewelry with a polishing cloth when necessary but never immerse in chlorine, silver dips, chemical solutions or ultrasonic cleaners as these substances can alter the sterling silver's oxidized finish and cause damage to the gemstones. Never wear jewelry while bathing or swimming.
- FOR THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL - Bursting with bold color in an array of semi-precious stones, this beaded gemstone necklace with real 925 sterling silver accents is a showstopper! This necklace features genuine blue sodalite and black agate gemstone beads, with round silver stations of scrolled filigree punctuating the design. Fastens on your neck securely with a lobster claw clasp. Measuring 19 inches in length, it can be extended to 21 inches to pair with any neckline.
- ANY OCCASION, NO COMPARISON - This exclusive selection from Carolyn Pollack's own Signature Collection captures her keen eye for fashion in genuine .925 sterling silver. Always be dressed to impress with Carolyn Pollack jewelry everyday. Wear it anywhere you go - whether at work, a date night with your honey or a special party or social event. You'll feel refined, glamorous, and confident the moment you put it on. It's a perfect declaration of your unique beauty and elegance.
- FORGED ON THE FRONTIER - We have been creating our jewelry with social and environmental responsibility since 1975, and we're proud to share this legacy with you. Our original designs are handmade with real 92.5 recycled silver, crafted with an exclusive 8-step process right here in Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA. Our team of experienced artisans has honed their craft for decades and hold to the very highest standards. Feel confident buying, wearing, and gifting our New Mexico True products!
- PRESENTS FROM THE PAST - The special people in your life deserve to feel exceptional. Packaged in a signature gift box, it's perfect for occasions like birthdays, anniversaries, or holiday celebrations. Our jewelry is the perfect way to indulge your mom, sister, daughter, wife, girlfriend, best friend or even yourself! Need a gift idea to surprise your favorite lady with a thoughtful present or celebrate a milestone? Our tastefully designed jewelry shows your loved one how much you really care.
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE! - At Carolyn Pollack Sterling Jewelry, our exceptional quality is backed with a 1-year limited warranty. All our products are made of hypoallergenic 925 sterling silver that is nickel-free, safe for those with sensitive skin to wear everyday. We're confident you will love our products on Amazon, but if for any reason you aren't completely satisfied, all our products feature a 100 Money Back No Questions Asked 30-Day Total Happiness Guarantee. Rest assured and order today!
Great American West/Rainbow Valley VHS
American West Sterling Silver Rainbow Obsidian Chain Bracelet and Ring
Trending style from American West! This unique and fun chain bracelet links to a ring over your hand with a string of alternating genuine rainbow obsidian oval gemstones and corrugated sterling silver beads. The bracelet features an adjustable lobster claw clasp for a perfect fit.
- Genuine Rainbow Obsidian and .925 Sterling Silver
- Chain bracelet and ring fit traditional average sized wrist; adjustable sizing
- See Ruler View for accurate sizing. Silver may tarnish over time.
- Handcrafted in America with 1 year limited warranty
- Chain bracelet links to a ring with a string of genuine rainbow obsidian & sterling silver beads.
Northwest Art Mall PAL-3441 RTFH West Virginia Rainbow Trout Fisherman Hills 11"X17" Print by Artist Paul A. Lanquist
West Virginia rainbow Trout Fisherman hills by artist Paul a. Lanquist and Northwest Art Mall. A Fisherman enjoys catching a rainbow Trout in the waters of West Virginia. Paul a. Lanquist (PAL) is a Northwest artist who currently lives near Mt. St. Helens, Washington with his wife and family. Paul is a dedicated outdoor enthusiast and has been a commercial artist and illustrator for 20 years. Paul has worked for a variety
- Suitable for framing
- Made in America
- American artist
- Vintage art
- Amazing color pallet
Sepia Costume Big Jumbo Afro Synthetic Wig - Rainbow
One Size Fits Most Synthetic Costume Wigs
2019 Topps Rainbow Foil Baseball #266 AL West Studs American League
2019 Topps Rainbow Foil Baseball #266 AL West Studs American League
- Stock Photo displayed. Actual item may vary.
- American League
- AL West Studs
- Over 100,000 listings
- Specials Save Money
MightySkins Skin for Samsung Galaxy Buds - Trout Collage Protective, Durable, and Unique Vinyl Decal wrap Cover Easy to Apply, Remove, and Change Styles Made in The USA
Do You Want Your Samsung Galaxy Buds To Look Different Than The Rest?
You're in the right place because we've got exactly what you're looking for! This Trout Collage skin is the perfect way to show off your style! Or with hundreds of other MightySkins designs, you can be sure to find one that you'll love, and that will show off your unique style!
Do You Want To Protect Your Samsung Galaxy Buds?
With MightySkins your Samsung Galaxy Buds is protected from scratches, dings, dust, fingertips, and the wear-and-tear of everyday use!
Cover your Samsung Galaxy Buds with a beautiful, stylish decal skin and keep it protected at the same time!
Easy to apply, and easy to remove without any sticky residue!
Make your favorite gear look like new, and stand out from the crowd!
Order With Confidence - Satisfaction Guaranteed!
MightySkins are durable, reliable, made in our state-of-the-art production facility in the U.S.A., and backed by our satisfaction guarantee!
Product Details:Vinyl decal sticker
NOT A HARD CASE
Ultra-Thin, Ultra-Durable, Stain Resistant
Hundreds of different designs
Samsung Galaxy Buds is not included.
- SET THE TREND: Show off your own unique style with MightySkins for your Samsung Galaxy Buds! Don't like the Trout Collage Design? We have hundreds of designs to choose from, so your Samsung Galaxy Buds will be as unique as you are!
- DURABLE PROTECTION FOR YOUR DEVICE: Manufactured with ultra-thin, ultra-durable, stain-resistant laminate vinyl in order to effectively protect your gear from dings, scrapes, dust, and the wear and tear of everyday use! MightySkins a SOFT vinyl skin cover, is not made of rubber, silicone or plastic & it is NOT a HARD case
- GOES ON AND COMES OFF EASY: Apply your MightySkins vinyl decal easily & with precision on your Samsung Galaxy Buds thanks to a patented low grip air release adhesive that's built to last but removes easily and leaves no sticky residue when you're ready to switch to a different design!
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Our friendly, knowledgeable staff is here to help and customer satisfaction is our top priority! If you have any issues with your order or you're not happy for any reason, just let us know and we'll be there to help!
- PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA: Buy with confidence from an American owned and operated company! MightySkins are produced in our state-of-the-art facility in West Palm Beach, Florida, proudly made in the U.S.A.!
Rainbow American Flag - Gay Pride LGBTQ Men's Tank Top (Navy, Medium)
Looking for the perfect tanktop to celebrate Gay Pride? Look no further! This prideful Rainbow American Flag - Gay Pride LGBTQ Men's Tank Top is a comfortable, affordable way to express yourself. Whether purchasing for a gay guy, lesbian, or lgbtq supporter you can be sure to put a smile on their face. The design is printed on a cool, comfortable, 100 pre-shrunk cotton men's tanktop. This amazing tank will become a staple in your wardrobe. Perfect athletic fit for the summer or any exercise.
- Looking for the perfect tanktop to celebrate Gay Pride? Look no further! This prideful Rainbow American Flag - Gay Pride LGBTQ Men's Tank Top is a comfortable, affordable way to express yourself. Whether purchasing for a gay guy, lesbian, or lgbtq supporter you can be sure to put a smile on their face.
- The design is printed on a cool, comfortable, 100 pre-shrunk cotton men's tanktop. This amazing tank will become a staple in your wardrobe. Perfect athletic fit for the summer or any exercise.
- *SIZING & COLOR* : Please refer to size chart provided (*last image*) before buying for correct sizing specifications. If you are between sizes, or if you are looking for a looser fit, please order the next size up. Also please note that based on different computer displays, apparel colors may vary slightly from the image. Available in sizes S-3XL
- *GARMENT CARE* : Fully Machine washable - Wash inside out in cold water, tumble dry on low heat (recommended to hang dry). Do not iron directly on or on the backside of the graphic itself to ensure a long lasting print
- *EXCLUSIVE TCOMBO DESIGN* : Professionally designed and printed exclusively by Tcombo, Inc. in the United States. Looking for other graphic shirts or a different garment? We carry apparel for the entire family! Simply click our brand name above, or search "Tcombo" to find our full product line on amazon, including our popular, best selling items! This item is not affiliated with any existing intellectual property or trademark unless specified in the Product Description.
Hendrix In The West
Consisting of live material recorded at venues ranging from the Berkeley Community Theatre and the San Diego Sports Arena to the Isle of Wight Festival, Hendrix In The West captures the guitarist exploring new directions in sound during 1969-70. Robert Christgau, the Dean of American Rock Critics, called Hendrix's versions of "Red House" and, "Johnny B. Goode" on this album "definitive." Out of print in the US since 1974 and for more than two decades internationally, Hendrix In TheWest, has remained one of the most requested albums by fans to return to the commercial marketplace.
Hendrix In The West will be reissued as an expanded single disc featuring five additional, previously unavailable performances. The album's iconic cover features a classic Jim Marshall photograph of the guitarist and the twenty-four page book is filled with rare and previously unseen images captured by Marshall s distinctive lens.
- Jimi Hendrix - Hendrix In The West
- Silver cowboy spurs
- Hummer golf cart kit
- Hydraulic log splitter tractor
- Babolat 110 tennis racket
- Day 2 day